Struggling to meet rental payments through COVID-19
What to do if you are struggling to pay your rent:
- Contact Universal Credit (gov.uk/universal-credit)
- Please also contact SEDGE (immediately) to discuss your payment plan
- Pay as much as you can, so your debt does not grow
- Please note that the rent is not written off, it is only deferred and your landlord will expect the full rent to be paid at the end of the lockdown by way of instalments, until fully paid up to date.
- We will work with the tenants and landlords to come to a mutual agreement.
Emergency Repairs, including Safety Checks during UK Lockdown
The emergency repairs (water escape, gas leak, no heating or hot water) and safety checks continue as normal.
To safeguard all parties, as we instruct a tradesman to go out to the property, we will be asking the following questions to both tenants and trades:
- Have you got a virus?
- Are you self-isolating?
- Have you got any of the symptoms like dry cough, highfever or shortness of breath?
- Do you think you may have the Coronavirus?
We are under best practice by abiding by the Law.
Regular Property Inspections Undertaken.
Please talk to us about each specific case. We are here to help all parties.
- We will look into each situation individually.
- We will continue to be taking daily UK Gov advice regarding the UK Lockdown situation.
Why rent through SEDGE?
SEDGE is a busy, independent Letting agency, located on Winsover Road in the centre of Spalding and a member of the Property Redress Scheme (PRS).
As your local property Letting agent, we are always well informed, market quality properties in & around the Spalding area and our knowledge of the locality ensures we are in a good position to provide you (‘the tenant’) with all the necessary information you may require.
SEDGE understand that running a successful letting business means we need happy tenants. So continually strive to ensure our rental process is as simple and straight forward as possible for all parties. We take pride in looking after our tenants on behalf of our landlords.
With a large database of rental flats and houses and a team of in-house tradesmen & contractors, we are able to react quickly to maintenance issues which inevitably crop up, allowing our tenants to then get on with their day-to-day lives.
The SEDGE branch office is open 7 days a week, with new rental properties coming to market all the time.
FOLLOW us on Facebook @SedgeSpalding and be first in line to see our new rental properties released.
Whether you require a single room to let, a 2 bed flat in the Spalding town centre, or a larger 3 bed house with garden for your growing family, SEDGE will be able to help find you the right property to suit your every need. TALK TO US.
“Friendly, straight talking, efficient and helpful” – we love receiving your tenant reviews! Our motto: Look after tenants, which in turn creates happy landlords!
Talk to our team who will be happy to help you find a rental property in or around Spalding.